Weekly Thursday Program
Islamic Date: Eve of 28 Jamdi-ul-Awwal 1441AH
7:00 PM Salat Al Maghribain in congregration
Recitation of Hadith-e-Kisa
Recitation of Dua-e-Tawassul in group
8.00 pm - _Live Lecture from Masumeen Islamic Center Brampton
Labaik Allah Humma Labaik
Maalik ibn e Anas, the famous scholar of Medina, once accompanied Imam Jafar al- Sadiq (‘a) on the Hajj. On reaching Meeqat, they all dismounted, donned the Ahram, offered the required prayer, and mounted their camels, raising the slogan of the Hajjis,
‘Labbaik Allahumma Labbaik, laa Shareeka Laka Labbaik, Innal Hamda wan Ne’amata Laka wal Mulk, laa Shareeka Lak,’
when they found the Imam (‘a) in an exceptionally strange state. He was shivering and his voice choking with emotion, unable to pronounce the obligatory slogan of Hajj. Maalik came to him and said, ‘Ya ibn e Rasool Allah, try to repeat the words with us. You know it is obligatory.’
‘O Ibn e Abi Aamir! I am scared to utter these words. Do you know what they mean? They mean to declare,
“My Lord, I am ready to present myself before You, and ready to submit to Your Will.”
How can I proclaim that I am ready to submit to His Will and then disobey? What will I do if Allah responds to my open declaration with, “la Labbaik”?’
Wanted to take the opportunity to announce that Br. Ghayur Haider will be Acting Program lead until our Annual General Meeting (date to be announced).
Br. Hassan Raza has served in this role since the inception of Al Zahra and prior under the ISIAJ-KW umbrella. We pray that him and his family are rewarded for his efforts to our community and look forward to his active guidance towards enriching our programs/events. Hassan still remains as a Director of Al Zahra.
We also welcome Ghayur Haider who is no stranger to our family. He has been an active member of the Programming Organising Committee (POC). We pray that Allah provides him the barakeh/blessing through this role. Programming inquiries are welcomed to
Let's dedicate one salawaat to the volunteers of Al Zahra especially the POC members.
Program Highlights for 2020
Your Al Zahra team is currently planning for more than 50 Major Events during the first half of Year 2020 (i.e. January 2020 to June 2020). CLICK for Programs Schedule for first half of Year 2020!.
Followings highlight some of our activities:
Inviting knowledgeable Aalims and Speakers for different programs in Year 2020.
Moulana Syed Iftikhar Abid Naqvi will be our guest speaker in last 12 days of Ramadhan 1441 AH.
Full Ramadhan Programs.
Salat Al Fajr and Sahoor will be organized on 23rd Ramadhan (after Aamal E Shab E Qadr) and in Youth Event Night.
Sheikh Hamam Nassereddine will be our guest Speaker in the first Ashra E Muharram 1442 AH.
Working to organize
Seminars including burial preparation, tax filing, career guidance
Youth activities including games for kids and youth
Baking classes for girls and other ladies activities
As you are aware, when Al Zahra Shia Association was created and federally incorporated in 2019, we were blessed with tremendous financial support from the members and community at large. Your association depends on your support to continuously conduct regular programs to benefit ourselves and secure our future through transfer of guidance from the Ahlulbayt to our young and forthcoming generations. While fundraising through Muharram and Safar enabled us to run programs and take care of the running costs to date, approaching the new year we again request your financial support.
Thank you for providing your continuous financial support - your reward lies with Allah (SWT).
Here's how you can help:
1. Pay your 2019 membership fees as soon as possible. CLICK to download form. OR fill the online form electronically. CLICK HERE
2. Sponsor an event at your centre. Recommended amount is $500 per night. You can sponsor it in full or partially with a group of mo'mineen. CLICK for 2020 schedule. You may either reply to this email to sponsor an event or talk to Br. Hassan Naqvi, our program organizer, or Br. Ahmed Raza on the men's side and Sr. Tayyaba on the ladies' side when you are at the centre.
3. Donate as much as you can, no amount is too small.
Here's how you can pay right away:
1. Send an e-transfer to and notify your payment reason (i.e. membership and/or donation) and membership form (if applicable).
2. Pay by cash or cheque, which we can pick up directly from you. Please call at 905.570.5631 or reply to this email to make the necessary arrangements.
3. Pay by debt or credit card at the centre.
4. You can hand in your membership form and/or contribution via cheque or cash any member of Al Zahra EC team on mens and ladies side.
The Al Zahra team is actively working towards achieving charitable status for our association and we hope to provide an update to the community soon
Thank you in advance for your support, and we look forward to hearing back from you.
Al Zahra Shia Association Team